Wednesday 9 May 2012

Here we go...



Well, here we are... alone at last. Ready? Deep breath.... Blog, begin.

 Its May 9th, a beautiful albeit windy day, and I am sitting on the couch  beginning our travel blog. On a high note, we are leaving on Tuesday, May 15th. ( one week behind schedule, but duty calls with work and cleaning! )  On a low (?) note, I myself, have never taken it upon myself to write a blog before, so my apologies in advance if this is a bit slow going... ;)

 CROSS CANADA!!! IN AN AWSOME SAUCE VAN!!!!   There. Got that off my chest. Yes, for those of you who may not know, ( as all of our friends and family already do, but I thought I would include any random person who happens to stumble upon this rambling of ours..)   Rob and I are embarking on a six month adventure across this great country of ours . We will be searching out great music, great art, good food, and I'm certain a few musical instrument and pawn shop stores along the way, ( Rob)  and more than our fair share of art galleries and used book stores. ( Carla.)

 So join us won't you? Follow along with us as we slowly make our way on what we hope is the first of many adventures.


 “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

   

3 comments:

  1. LoveLoveLove it! I hope to follow along the way! When we traveled across we didn't get past Alberta on the blog front. Please make sure you get past Alberta- I may just have to continue our written journey too...

    (my hubs used to work in the same building with Rob a way while back)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, what kind of music are you in search of? If you want to meet my stepdad who is a luthier, and like folk music, you must go to the Mariposa Folk Festival (see: http://www.mariposafolk.com/). I don't know if I can help you with accommodations THAT weekend, but you have sleep on wheels it looks like... Anyway, if you have any desire to go to Orillia (Samuel de Champlain statue there, and home to Gordon Lightfoot, and fewere mosquitos than Northern Ontario) then you should go...and I'll talk to my mom. Hot showers and king size bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info Sarah, we'll definatley look into that stuff!! :)

    ReplyDelete